Saturday, September 29, 2012

"The Universe is a Continuous Web. Touch it at any Point and the Whole Web Quivers." - Stanley Kunitz

The upcoming Autumn Equinox can be a time of reflection upon the year’s successes and failure and a moment of celebration of the harvest cycle.  This time of year reminds me to pause and look at the bigger picture of my life.  I feel this due to the changes I am making in my garden and how the changes seem to suggest a time of reflection.  I have been planting the winter garden, composting spent plants and planting cover crops.
 
I am also making this quilt from old clothes and material scraps.  All of them would have most likely gone into a land fill because they were so ripped up and old.  It is fun putting the different pieces together and composing a design.
Here are a couple close ups of different places on the quilt:

 
Some snow peas ready to be put in the garden:
 
my garden changing into winter mode:
 
"The garden is, in a sense, the cosmos in miniature, a condensation of the world that is open to your senses.  It doesn't end at the limits of your own parcel of land, or your own state, or your own nation."
- Stanley Kunitz

No comments:

Post a Comment